Corn (Maize) is a cereal which is termed by many as an alternative to wheat flour. There are many various types of corn found in the nature of sweet corn, popcorn, flint corn, dent corn, pod corn, flour corn etc. Out of these the most widely used corn is sweet corn and popcorn.
Nutrition Facts of Corn: Yellow Corn – 100 Grams
The image below contains detailed information about all the nutrients in yellow corn (100 grams).
There are many health benefits of sweet corn which are described below:
1. The sweet corn is known to improve the vision of eyes. It contains a fair amount of vitamin A components that facilitates good eyesight and clear vision.
2. It contains a good level of antioxidants that prevent our body from age-related diseases like Alzheimer’s disease.
3. It contains a good amount of dietary fiber which improves digestion and helps those who are suffering from constipation.
4. The corn oil has ample amounts of Vitamin E which are very helpful for the heart as it is known to reduce the cholesterol levels in the body thereby preventing heart-related diseases.
5. It contains Phosphorus component which plays a vital role in the growth and body tissue maintenance.
6. It is very helpful for the pregnant women as the sweet corn contains Vitamin B9 or termed as folate. The folic acid or folate helps to prevent the spinal cord related serious birth defects.
7. The potassium content in the sweet corn is very beneficial for controlling the blood pressure and thereby improving the overall health.
8. It contains various types of antioxidants that keep cancer generating free radicals at bay.
9. If you are skinny and are looking for gaining weight then eat sweet corn for gaining weight as it has been known to contain large amounts of calories. It is also has a good composition of carbohydrates which builds up the body.
10. There are many hair benefits of sweet corn as it contains Vitamin C which makes the hair smooth and shiny. The corn oil contains Vitamin E and C that keeps hair nourished and prevents hair damage and hair fall.