Nowadays, the major population in the world use plastic bottled water for drinking, cooking and any other day to day uses. But they don’t know that plastic bottled water is very harmful to their health as it contains various toxic impurities that may lead to many diseases.
Due to our hectic life, we do not pay attention to this and kept on reusing these bottles over and over again and becomes susceptible to serious diseases.
University of Cincinnati, USA has found in its research that the plastic bottle contains a widely used chemical ‘Bisphenol A’ (BPA) which is very harmful to our health.
Whenever we consume water from used mineral or cold drink bottle, this chemical enters into our body and harms us in the worst ways possible.
The negative effects of drinking water from plastic water bottles are listed below:
1. The plastic water bottles contain a lot of hazardous chemicals and bacteria. When water is stored in a plastic bottle, it reacts with the chemicals and produces health-hazardous substances like arsenic and fluoride those are like a poison to the human body.
2. The chemicals from plastic bottles tend to disturb our immune system and nervous system of the body. The chemicals present in the plastic bottle are indigestible thereby causing many serious gut problems.
3. It is a common practice among the households to refilling plastic bottles again and again for storing water. The plastic made up of harmful chemicals. Therefore, it could have the possibility to leach chemicals and harbor harmful germs and bacteria.
So, don’t re-use disposable water bottles and cold-drink bottles. If possible, it’s a good idea to use copper vessels and stainless steel bottles for storing water.
4. Drinking stored water in plastic bottles can cause neurological disorder if consumed for a long time.
5. It will release the toxin called ‘Bisphenol A’ which is harmful to our body. BPA toxic affects the infertility power in human. It can be a cause of hormonal imbalance and male reproductive dysfunction.
6. Men exposed to BPA toxin can have symptoms like low libido and erectile ejaculatory difficulties.
7. In addition to fertility concerns, BPA toxins can be reasons to a wide variety of health issues, such as obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure and cancer.
8. Humans exposed to the highest levels of plastic chemicals like BPA have an increased risk of heart diseases.
9. It increases the risk of PCOS in the women.
10. It increases the chances of liver and breast cancer in women.
11. Using plastic drinking bottles also produces disastrous effects on the environment.